My recent experience on CCDE Written Exam. Read more
What are the changes in 2017 CCDE Practical/Lab exam ? Read more
Is Cisco CCDE Exam really vendor neutral?.Recently one of my CCDE Bootcamp students asked me this question. He heard that DMVPN might come in the exam.
In the beginning of my each CCDE class, I introduce the topics which will most likely asked in the CCDE Practical exam. Cisco claims that CCDE Practical exam is vendor neutral network design exam. Read more
Finally, I have published my new CCDE book titled CCDE In-Depth.
The much-awaited book is available in three version: PDF, Kindle and Paperback versions. You can purchase the PDF version directly from this website. And if you need the Kindle and Paperback version, it is available on Amazon.
Why This Book Is the Best for CCDE Preparation
Many experts believe that CCDE In-Depth is one of the best books you can use to prepare for CCDE Exams. And below are the reasons why you need to read this book:
- This simple and easy-to-read guide will provide you many real-life network design case studies.
- This book provides a detailed design information of Layer 2 technologies, General Network Design and Design Tools, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, Multicast, QoS, VPN Design, and IPv6 Design topics, and the case studies are used to provide more explanations.
- This book covers both CCDE Written and the Practical Exams.
- This book has hundreds of question, which will help you to learn everything about network design and pass the CCDE Written Exam.
- The technology comparison charts provide the alternatives, teaches the pros and cons of the technologies, and highlights the important design aspects of them.
- The full length of the two CCDE Practical Lab Scenarios are presented in this book. These CCDE scenarios will teach you how to approach the questions in the real exam.
I took the coveted CCDE Practical Exams on 31st of August, and Thankfully I passed (My CCDE Number is 2016::14), this is my third attempt, the journey started in 2011, Gone through a lot of studies, Boot camps, Ciscolive Sessions, CCDE Mock Lab in Ciscolive, Mentorship from existing CCDEs.
My First attempt was in 2014 that ended with an average score, the second attempt was in February, 2015. The second attempt made me change a lot of my strategies as this beast requires a totally different approach and preparation than CCIE.
My Advice to the CCDE Candidates:
Disclaimer : This is a Guest Post, prepared by Yoshinori Okayama, 8xCCIE & CCDE for www.orhanergun.net which is the most visited and well known network design website in the world.
First of all, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Yoshinori Okayama. As a CEO, I’m managing my own company called Root Riff Systems, Inc. in Japan and holding 8xCCIE/CCDE.
I started my career as just a PC support engineer for consumer users, but I got bored with this. To enter IT infrastructure world, I passed MCSE 2000 and CCNA certification about 13 years ago as a server engineer.
But I got bored and tired with the server world with AD, Exchange, Linux/Unix, scripting, SAN, too much unnecessary logs and so on, jumped into the networking world and ever since I keep doing this.