About this course
Introduction to Service Provider/Telecom Design with many real world examples!
- Check the seat availability if you will join as a group. [email protected]
- Many network engineers struggle to understand Service Provider networks. Even if they know MPLS or BGP as a technology very well, they are struggling to find a material for the other important parts of the Service Provider architecture.
- For example how SP networks are connected with each other, how countries and continents are connected to Internet, what is POP or virtual POP and what are the POP , Datacenter and Core Network design criteria
- Seeing a big picture would be great. Understand end to end traffic flow between the Mobile Operator users and the broadband providers.
- How Submarine and Terrestrial Cables work, How SDH/SONET, DWDM works and transmission network interacts with IP networks ? Where are the Internet Hubs, how Interconnection between the networks are done?
- Although the name is Service Provider design, all network engineers from different businesses will benefit from this course.
- You will understand the Service Provider business, architectural decisions, Transport networking and Internetwork concepts in this course
What is the target audience?
- Network Engineers, Network Designers, Solution Architects, CIOs and CTOs
- This workshop will be helpful for many exam certification such as CCNP, CCIE , CCDP and CCDE.
Willing to learn about Service Provider networks, no prior networking or network design knowledge is required!
For More info [email protected]
Please contact with [email protected] for group or corporate trainings and any other non-technical topics.
- 2 days (10 hours, 5 hours each day , on weekend) Service Provider/Telecom training.
- Video on demand for this course is available to all attendees for free. Here is the Video on demand course.
- Course Type Instructor Led/ Live Online/Onsite
- Led by Orhan Ergun
40% Discount till June 10,2020 Price – $299
PayPal or any Credit Card
In this module different types of network operators will be introduced. Relations between them will be explained in detailed.
For example what is Transit Service Provider and how Transit Service Providers provide services to Content Providers, CDNs, Broadband Providers and so on.
Below business types will be explained in this module.
- Broadband ISP
- Transit Service Providers
- Content Providers
- Content Distribution Networks
- Cable Access Providers
- Mobile Operators
- Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISP)
In this module different broadband services will be explained. Without going too much detail, below services will be explained and examples will be shared to demonstrate the deployment of different services worldwide.
- xDSL (ADSL, VDSL, SHDSL)
- FTTx (FTTP, FTTC, FTTH) with different PON technologies
- Cable Broadband (DOCSIS 3.0)
- Satellite technologies
- Mobile Broadband technologies (2G, 3G, 4G and 5G) basics
In this module; fiber optic technologies, cross-border country connections, sub-marine fiber optic connections, POP types and other physical layer knowledge will be provided.
This module is crucial to understand how networks are connected, where are they located and how are they connected in real world.
Below are the topics will be covered in this module.
- What is Fiber Optics?
- Different Types of Fiber Optics
- SDH/SONET and WDM Basics
- DWDM and the advantages
- How Internet traffic is carried between countries?
- How Service Providers use each other fiber networks?
- Submarine Cable basics
- What is Landing Point?
- What is Telephone Exchange or Central Office?
- Tier 1 Service Provider (Level 3) Global Fiber Map
- What is Point of Presence (POP)?
- Different types of POPs (Access POP, Backbone POP, Virtual POP)
- How POPs are interconnected?
- Tier 1 Service Provider POP and Datacenter connections MAP
- What are Urban, Rural and Underserved areas?
- Satellite usage in real world deployments
In this module interconnections between the networks will be explained. How different types of network come together and build the Internet ecosystem.
Examples will be provided from the real world deployments.
Below topics will be covered in this module.
- What is Peering? (Public peering, private peering, bilateral and multilateral peering)
- Why Peering is important?
- What is Internet Exchange Point ?
- Where are the Internet Exchange Points?
- What is Local IXP?
- What is Regional IXP?
- Who are the Internet Hubs in the world ?
- What are Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 Providers?
- Who are the Tier 1 Providers in the world?
- Is there a Global Tier 1 Provider?
- Why you should place your content on Akamai?
- What happens two Tier 1 providers dispute?
- How Netflix distributes its content?
- What is Remote Peering?
- Pros and Cons of Remote Peering?
- Remote Peering Providers
- Selling a Transit Service in IXP
In this module, starting from the basics of BGP, how BGP is used in Service Provider networks will be explained.
- What is IBGP and EBGP
- BGP Communities in the Service Providers
- BGP in Internet Exchange Points (IXP)
- What is BGP Route Server?
- Most preferred BGP Route Servers
- Who would use BGP Route Server in IXP?
- Google Peering Policy in Real Life
- BGP Route Reflector Design Options
- How BGP helps for SDN in Service Provider networks?
- BGP Confederations vs. Route Reflectors
- BGP Fast Convergence (BGP PIC Edge and Core)
- BGP Anomalies
- Multi Protocol BGP
- What is MPLS
- MPLS VPNs (Layer 2 and Layer 3)
- Inter-AS MPLS VPNs
- MPLS Traffic Engineering
- Fast Reroute in IP and MPLS
- How would MPLS Service look like of Tier 1 Service Provider?
- End to end MPLS deployment methods in Service Providers and the challenges in real life
At the end real life case studies will be provided. When we finish all above modules, understanding these real life case studies will show you the big picture.
- How Comcast and Level 3 Peering Dispute created performance problems for the users
- How Gaming Company deployed their network to provide better performance to players
- Why two African Service Providers in the same city send all Internet traffic between their customers to another continent
- Basic IXP (Internet Exchange Point) design
- End to end packet flow between broadband user in Middle East and U.S
TRAINING DATES and LOCATIONS
|Bootcamp Type||Number of Days||Location||Description||Status||Timing|
|March 21 & 22 2020||2 days||Online/Webex||More Info||Register||1 PM – 6 PM UTC+3|
I passed the #CCDE today! I used a lot of resources to be successful but I need to call out one specifically. Thanks Orhan Ergun for always being available at all hours to answer every question, to discuss every technology, and to work through my personality “issues” that I had throughout this process!! For all my friends venturing down the CCDE path Orhan is a great resource and friend to have!
Orhan’s ability to cover the vast topics required for CCDE is tremendous. He is not only very technical, he is also an amazing teacher.
I passed the CCDE Practical exam and Orhan’s CCDE course was very important contributor to my success. I attended the CCDE course of Orhan Ergun in July and it was exactly what I needed, Orhan is taking the pain to break down the different technologies.
After I attended Orhan Ergun’s CCDE course I passed the CCDE practical exam.I really enjoyed the course a lot.
Before I signed up I didn’t know what to expect but it’s for sure a great design course and preparation for the CCDE exam. Mainly because of the interaction with Orhan who is really an expert in explaining all the different technologies and making perfect designs out of them.
I passed the most respectful Cisco exam CCDE on August 2016. I became first Nigerian CCDE and Orhan Ergun’s CCDE Bootcamp was the most important resource in my success.If you want to nail down CCDE, you need to think as a designer. You need to change your mindset and understand all the technologies in the CCDE Blueprint.Orhan’s resources cannot even comparable with the any CCDE Training provider in the industry.I would highly recommend the Orhan’s CCDE Bootcamp for anyone who want to pass CCDE exams and understand the real life network design
I signed up for Orhan’s CCDE training. This training is very technically detailed and the use-cases, quizzes, scenarios, and mind maps are all great resources in the overall training program. Orhan teaches his students to think like a network designer by applying technology to meet business requirements and design specifications.
If you are considering studying for the coveted Cisco CCDE certification, make good use of the Cisco recommended reading list and CiscoLive videos focused on design. But your preparation won’t be complete without a touch of Midas from the master CCDE trainer Orhan Ergun. He is the most complete training provider in the industry – Books, Blogs, Videos, Bootcamps, One-to-one chat, etc.Self Paced Course is a best offline CCDE resource !
I’ve used Orhan’s self-paced CCDE training material. If you are interested in knowing how all the technologies go together in a coherent design i can highly recommend it.I also enjoyed the Quizzes which helped pick out my weak spots in selecting an appropriate design. So if you are serious about either learning more about the design aspects of networking or you are going for the CCDE practical, you should take a hard look at Orhan’s Self-paced Training option.
The eleven days spent in Orhan bootcamp was invaluable in helping me build confidence and master my design concepts. After a long number of reading books and watch all the Cisco Live design sessions, this class was definitely the advantage I needed to take and pass my CCDE lab. Thanks Orhan for your all supports
Hi Orhan. I passed the CCDE exam on February 22. I read everything that you put on your Self Paced CCDE Training course and it was very helpful in my success. Thank you very much.
Thanks Orhan for your Instructor Led CCDE Bootcamp. It was very informative for CCDE Written and Lab preparations. Personally we used to discuss designs related to production networks (ISP,DC/Enterprise) & I must say he is technically sound in Network Design. I am impressed with your technology comparision charts when it comes to selection of routing protocols, VPN technology solutions etc.
I strongly recommend Orhan Ergun’s class if you want to pass the CCDE exam and learn network design.
I passed CCDE exam on first attempt and Orhan’s bootcamp helped me switching mind-set from an engineer to designer.
Thanks again Orhan for your Instructor Led CCDE Bootcamp.
I attended Orhan’s April 201610 days CCDE Bootcamp. I am CCDE now !
You can tell Orhan has a great deal of experience, it really comes through when he presents his design case studies and the CCDE Practical scenarios.
Your excellent CCDE materials and amazing Bootcamp helped me tremendously through my learning journey.Also thank you very much for being available whenever I have a design question or a complex design topics. I can’t compare your design skills and training with anyone in the industry.
I definitely strongly recommend you whoever wants to understand the network design in detail and wants to pass CCDE exam.
Orhan is the best teacher in network design, I have learned a lot from him about the CCDE and real life network design.
I became a member of orhanergun.net for the CCDE preparation. For CCDE exam, there are very few quality trainings available
I was super excited to the take the online class and I’m happy to say that the class was way beyond my expectations.
Orhan’s Bootcamp is really informative; I gain lots of knowledge from him. It helps to prepare the CCDE; Also in your work environment. I recommend my friend and colleagues to join Orhan once to get the great knowledge about Network Designing
I was glad attending Orhan online CCDE class last year. The manner he delivers the topic and explains each of our questi
Your excellent CCDE materials and amazing Bootcamp helped me tremendously through my learning journey. Thank you Orhan
I attended Orhan’s CCDE Bootcamp and it was great. He contributed immensely to our knowledge, Thanks Orhan for all your help!
I attended Orhan’s Pre-CCDE class and it was really helpful for me. Pre-CCDE class was a good introduction to the CCDE
Thanks Orhan very much for this course. It helped strengthen my “Network design mind”.
Training by Orhan is not a CCDE preperation training only. It will be useful for engineers which are dealing with design. You want to pass CCDE exam or learn network design, then don’t look at anywhere else!
Orhan Ergun’s CCDE course was really very good. CCDE Level Intelligence was delivered very well and with very useful case studies and the scenarios, I am thankful to Orhan for all his help!
I passed the CCDE Lab exam thanks to Orhan. Orhan’s CCDE Course is great CCDE Resource. The course is detailed with technologies, practical scenarios, real life network design examples and many other things. Orhan will guide you personally which will help you to become better network engineer and designer. I will attend all other courses which Orhan produces and teaches, that’s for sure!
If anyone wants to understand network design and architecture, also pass CCDE exam , I recommend you to attend Orhan’s online courses! I am a CCDE now but learning is a journey, we will be together in your other courses too Orhan!
Orhan did an excellent job of filling in the gaps of knowledge that I had that took me to the finish line of the practical exam CCDE. The community of people that Orhan facilitates are both engaging and supportive of the journey to CCDE. Orhan was always quick to answer any email or chat messages that I sent him. Overall I am very happy with the time spent engaged in the material and bootcamp. Thanks Orhan!
Orhan, I came, I learned and now I got my CCDE number!
For those who prepare for the CCDE Practical exam, all what you need is some experience and Orhan’s guidance! Thanks Orhan for all your help! Dima.
Just passed the CCDE Practical exam! I attended Orhan Ergun’s CCDE training program , used Orhan’s Instructor Led and Self-Paced CCDE training and Online CCDE Practical Scenarios during my CCDE journey. Orhan’s CCDE In Depth book is an excellent summary book about almost all topics related to CCDE. Orhan’s practical scenarios are well organized and discussions in his webex are very valuable. Orhan’s also from time to time host webex lectures on different technology topics, I find it’s another revenue to refresh and strength my understanding of different topics. Orhan’s study group is very active, different peers share their experience, discussion and insight on not only the CCDE but also different technologies.
I surely appreciate Orhan’s excellent training materials, constant guidance and demonstrated dedication to help me get CCDE. As always, life is a constant learning experience, CCDE is only one of small steps!
Shiling Ding – Sentinel Technologies – CCDE #2019::12
Hi everyone, I’ve just passed the CCDE Exam. My Number is CCDE 2018::6 I attended to Online CCDE Bootcamp of Orhan. I want to thank Orhan not only for the great book and bootcamp, but also for his commitment, availability and willingness to assist the CCDE community on our journey -at any time. The Online Bootcamp of Orhan was the cherry on the cake after finishing the book. For any one working on the CCDE, I highly encourage you to use his book and bootcamp
Hi guys, I’m so happy that I passed the exam. I’ve already got my number CCDE 2018::1. Thanks to Orhan for being the best CCDE instructor in the world. I highly recomend Orhan’s CCDE Training and In-Depth-CCDE book. Anyone who would like to learn network design or have the CCDE certificate should join his training. He is really great mashallah, he’s done many things for me. Thanks Orhan!
Hi Orhan I passed CCDE Practical exam on November 2017 ! I really enjoyed your materials and quizzes and use cases. They were definitely helpful in my preparation. Thanks a lot !
I attended Orhan’s CCDE Training in Istanbul and it was very helpful in my preparation. I passed the exam recently and I want to say Thank you Orhan! For those who want to pass the CCDE exam, definitely start with Orhan!
I registered to Orhan’s training in Feb 2017. From that time, I attended Orhan’s training several times. The depth of knowledge which Orhan has is amazing, and how to present such consistent knowledge to the trainees was indeed appealing.
Furthermore, Orhan is not only trainer, he was real mentor to me, He showed me the concept that “Where I’m now, and where I should go”, this is indeed the true leadership !
I wanted to pass along my appreciation for the outstanding training material. I used the online CCDE training provided by Orhan as well as the In-Depth-CCDE book and passed the exam in February 2018.
Thank you Orhan!
I passed the CCDE Practical Lab exam on November 17,2016 from supplications of elders and dedication from my Sensei Mr. Orhan Ergun I took different CCDE bootcamps in the past. Orhan has the most depth and expertise. You can discuss with him at an expert level on different technologies and he is focused. Both the bootcamp and his book helped me a lot in achieving the design skills to nail this beast. I would recommend taking his CCDE training to pass CCDE exam and learn the network design