New-Year Discounts started!
Up to 50% OFF All-Access Pass Subscription
The Network Security Professional designation recognizes your ability to install and manage the day-to-day configuration, monitoring, and operation of a FortiGate device to support specific corporate network security policies.
I recommend this course for network and security professionals who are involved in the day-to-day management, implementation, and administration of a security infrastructure using FortiGate devices.
In this course, you will learn how to use FortiGate Firewall features, including security profiles. You will explore firewall policies, the Fortinet Security Fabric, user authentication, SSL VPN, and how to protect your network using security profiles, such as IPS, antivirus, web filtering, application control, and advanced routing, transparent mode, redundant infrastructure, site-to-site IPsec VPN, single sign-on (SSO), and diagnostics and more.
- Perform initial configuration
- Implement the Fortinet Security Fabric
- Configure log settings and diagnose problems using the logs
- Describe and configure VDOMs to split a FortiGate into multiple virtual devices
- Identify and configure different operation modes for an HA cluster
- Diagnose resource and connectivity problems
- Describe and inspect encrypted traffic using certificates
- Identify FortiGate inspection modes and configure web and DNS filtering
- Configure application control to monitor and control network applications
- Explain and configure antivirus scanning modes to neutralize malware threats
- Configure IPS, DoS, and WAF to protect the network from hacking and DDoS attacks
Routing and Layer 2 Switching:
- Configure and route packets using static and policy-based routes
- Configure SD-WAN to load balance traffic between multiple WAN links effectively
- Configure FortiGate interfaces or VDOMs to operate as Layer 2 devices