(All our courses are lifetime access, so you don’t pay monthly or yearly recurring charges, when there is new update, you get them for free!)
You don’t need to register to access our courses!. You finish payment and we send an access email automatically.
About the course
This BGP Course starts with BGP Theory and the best practices. It is not only design based but also there are many Labs in it!
Explains IBGP and EBGP in detail. BGP Communities, BGP Traffic Engineering, BGP Route Reflector design options, and BGP Confederation is explained and best practices are provided for them.
The course contains detailed information about Network Interconnection where real network creates neighborship between them.
Interconnection between the networks might be done through SFI, IP Transit, Paid Peering, and other special arrangements. These are not thought to you in any other course on the Internet. If you find, ask for a refund!
This is not only a video course but also provides a detailed comparison with other protocols, detailed comparison about BGP mechanisms such as Confederation vs. BGP Route Reflector, and so on.
Also, you will see real-life BGP network deployment discussions with the other engineers.
You will have lifetime access, as soon as I add new topics to the course, you will have access to the new materials.
BGP Course Outline
• BGP Basics –Why BGP, Autonomous Systems
• BGP Best Path Selection
• BGP Monitoring Protocol – BMP
• EBGP– Basics of EBGP
• EBGP Traffic Engineering –Inbound and Outbound
• GAO –Rexford Model –Inter-domain Policies for Business Economics
• EBGP Multipath, IBGP Multipath and EIBGP Multipath
• Inter domain routing – Settlement Free Peering, Partial Peering, Remote Peering and IP Transit
• BGP Route Servers and the Looking Glasses
• ISP Tiers–Tier 1, 2, 3 Type Providers
• IBGP – Basics of IBGP
• BGP Route Reflectors
• Route Reflector Design Options
• Centralized vs. Distributed, Inline and Offline Route Reflector Design
• BGP Add-Path, BGP Shadow Route Reflectors and Shadow Sessions
• Unique RD per VRF per PE Approach for path distribution
• Comparison between BGP Add-path, Shadow RR, Shadow Sessions and Unique RD per VRF per PE
• BGP RT –Route Target Constraint
• BGP Optimal Route Reflection – ISP Case Study
• BGP Confederations and Confederation Design
• Full mesh IBGP vs. Route Reflector vs. Confederation
• Full mesh IBGP to BGP RR Migration
• BGP – IGP Interactions – Blackhole avoidance
• BGP – MPLS Interactions
• BGPLU – Labeled Unicast–RFC 3107, RFC 8277
• BGP LS – BGP Link State
• BGP EPE –Egress Peer Engineering –Traditional EPE and Modern Egress Peer Engineering with EPE/SDN Controller
• BGP RTBH, Source and Destination based Remotely Triggered Blackholing and Scrubbing for DDOS mitigation with BGP
• BGP Flowspec–RFC 5575
• BGP Session Culling and Alternative Approaches, OXC
• BGP Graceful Restart, BGP Graceful Shutdown and BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication
• AIGP – Accumulated IGP Metric Attribute for BGP
• BGP MED vs. AIGP
• EBGP Default Route Propagation Behavior without Policies– RFC 8212
• BGP Information Security – BGP Route Leaks
• 512K Incident, Type 6 BGP Route Leak Contribution to it!
• BGP Information Security – Sub-Prefix Hijacking, Exact Prefix Hijacking, IP Squatting, Path-Shortening, Prefix Filters, IRR, RPSL, RPKI –Resource Public Key Infrastructure, PeeringDB, BGPSEC, Origin and Path Validation
• BGP in the Datacenter
• BGP in the Wide Area Networks
• Flat, Hierarchical and Generalized FIB Architecture and impact on BGP Prefix Independent Convergence
• BGP PIC – Prefix Independent Convergence, BGP PIC Core and BGP PIC Edge
• Case Studies
• BGP vs. IGP Comparison
• BGP in the CCDE exam
• BGP Quiz –BGP Questions and the Answers
• Bonus – BGP vs. other Hyper Scale Datacenter Routing Protocol Comparisons: RIFT, Open Fabric and BGP SPF
What is the target audience?
- Network Engineers, Designers, Solution Architects
- This workshop will be helpful for many exam certification such as CCNP, CCIE , CCDP and CCDE.
Although there will not be advanced technical level discussions, familiarity with the basic routing would be an advantage.
For More info [email protected]
Please contact [email protected] for group or corporate trainings and any other non-technical topics.
You can take the course now and access all the resources immediately.
You will have lifetime access, there is no subscription recharges!
- Module 1 1 Lesson
Introduction to BGP Course and Course Agenda
- Module 2 5 Lessons
Self Paced BGP Theory and Design Videos
- Module 3 13 Lessons
Self Paced BGP – Lab Videos
- BGP Lab – Part 1 – IBGP Basics
- BGP Lab – Part 2 – Route Reflection and Confederation
- BGP Lab – Part 3 – BGP Free Core – Hierarchical RR and Multipathing
- BGP Lab – Part 4 Traffic Engineering in Inter Domain and BGP Communities
- BGP Lab – Part 5 – Path Manipulation and Aggregation
- BGP Lab – Part 6 – Add-Path
- BGP Lab – Part 7 – ORR (Optimal Route Reflection)
- BGP Lab – Part 8 – Shadow RR and Shadow Session
- BGP Lab – Part 9 – Destination Based RTBH
- BGP Lab – Part 10 – Source Based RTBH
- BGP Lab – Part 11 – BGP Flowspec
- BGP Lab – Part 12 – BGP PIC – Core and Edge
- BGP Lab – Part 13 – BGP RPKI
- 30+ hours video trainings
- Lifetime access – No subscription charges (New documents frequently are added and you will have them all) !
- Certificate of Completion – Signed by Orhan Ergun
- You will be able to access the new content as soon as they are available for this training
- Skill Level Intermediate
- Language English
- Led by CCDE Trainer, Author and Network Design Advisor Orhan Ergun
I passed the #CCDE today! I used a lot of resources to be successful but I need to call out one specifically. Thanks Orhan Ergun for always being available at all hours to answer every question, to discuss every technology, and to work through my personality “issues” that I had throughout this process!! For all my friends venturing down the CCDE path Orhan is a great resource and friend to have!
Orhan’s ability to cover the vast topics required for CCDE is tremendous. He is not only very technical, he is also an amazing teacher.
I passed the CCDE Practical exam and Orhan’s CCDE course was very important contributor to my success. I attended the CCDE course of Orhan Ergun in July and it was exactly what I needed, Orhan is taking the pain to break down the different technologies.
After I attended Orhan Ergun’s CCDE course I passed the CCDE practical exam.I really enjoyed the course a lot.Before I signed up I didn’t know what to expect but it’s for sure a great design course and preparation for the CCDE exam. Mainly because of the interaction with Orhan who is really an expert in explaining all the different technologies and making perfect designs out of them.
I passed the most respectful Cisco exam CCDE on August 2016. I became first Nigerian CCDE and Orhan Ergun’s CCDE Bootcamp was the most important resource in my success.If you want to nail down CCDE, you need to think as a designer. You need to change your mindset and understand all the technologies in the CCDE Blueprint.Orhan’s resources cannot even comparable with the any CCDE Training provider in the industry.I would highly recommend the Orhan’s CCDE Bootcamp for anyone who want to pass CCDE exams and understand the real life network design
I signed up for Orhan’s CCDE training. This training is very technically detailed and the use-cases, quizzes, scenarios, and mind maps are all great resources in the overall training program. Orhan teaches his students to think like a network designer by applying technology to meet business requirements and design specifications.
Orhan is forcing you to take off the implementation hat that most of us have been wearing for many years, instead he is providing a new fancy design hat, which makes you see and deal with the issues presented. At the beginning of this CCDE course you many times are sitting thinking ‘I could solve this issue with some fancy trick/feature’, all because you keep thinking implementation. However as the course goes on Orhan is helping you to fill your new fancy design hat with all the important information not only for designing, meeting business requirements, but also dealing with the interaction of the protocols. If you’re trying to get your head into a new hat, chasing the CCDE exam, or just wants to get on top with network design, I would go to Orhan today.
I passed the CCDE exam on November 17,2016.Orhan’s CCDE Live class and Self Paced training course helped me a lot to pass the both CCDE Written and Practical exams.Design comparison charts and videos will help you a lot in CCDE Practical exam. The quizzes in the self paced CCDE course is excellent resource for the CCDE Written exam.If you are studying for CCDE exam or want to learn network design,I strongly recommend you to take this course.
If you are considering studying for the coveted Cisco CCDE certification, make good use of the Cisco recommended reading list and CiscoLive videos focused on design. But your preparation won’t be complete without a touch of Midas from the master CCDE trainer Orhan Ergun. He is the most complete training provider in the industry – Books, Blogs, Videos, Bootcamps, One-to-one chat, etc.Self Paced Course is a best offline CCDE resource !