In computer network engineering almost always we use different definitions/wordings to explain same thing. In this post, I will give you some examples, please add whatever else you remember in the comment box below , we can discuss them there.
All below keywords explain the same thing.
Let's start with MPLS Cases :
- Tunnel Label , Transport Label , Transport Label , Outer Label , Topmost Label , Outmost Label : They all define PE to PE reachability in MPLS network.
- Ingress PE , Source PE , Headend PE , Ingress LSR , Edge LSR : Either in MPLS VPN or MPLS Traffic Engineering cases, you can see these keywords and they all define the same thing.
- Inner Label, VPN Label , VC (Virtual Circuit) Label , Service Label : They all define same thing which is Layer 2 VPN customer service information.
- IX (Internet Exchange) , IXP (Internet Exchange Point) , Internet Exchange , Peering Point , Exchange Point
- Public Peering Exchange , MLPE (Multi Lateral Peering Exchange) , Public Exchange
- Smart Device, Smart Object , Sensors , Intelligent Object , Smart Things