I was in London last week for CCDE Training. During the training, there was a discussion on Financial network design and one of the students explained how they designed their financial world-wide network.
We recorded the discussion and I think you will get great benefit if you want to understand how financial networks are designed, what are the design consideration.
Also, if you are looking to understand Multicast, EIGRP , BGP Route Reflector and Confederation design on real world-wide network, what can be done to reduce convergence time on very densely meshed networks, delay/latency optimization, please watch the below video from the start till the end.
Maybe you haven’t knew that I have youtube channel, this video is posted on my youtube channel, subscribe to follow up the new videos, and like this one if you want to see more real life network design videos.
In the video, you will see discussions on :
1. Design consideration in financial networks
2. How EIGRP routing protocol worked for financial world wide network
3. How EIGRP Stub feature numerically reduced convergence from 11 seconds to 2 seconds in a densely meshed world wide connectivity
4. How they use BGP Confederation on the network
5.. How BGP MED attribute design works in BGP Confederation on this network
6. Can they use AIGP for best path selection in BGP Confederation
7. How latency can be reduced in financial networks
8. How they migrated their network from EIGRP to BGP Confederation
9. Why they selected BGP Confederation
10. How BGP Route Reflector works in financial networks11. How Multicast design works in financial networks
Orhan Ergun, CCIE/CCDE Trainer, Author of Many Networking Books, Network Design Advisor, and Cisco Champion 2019/2020/2021
He created OrhanErgun.Net 10 years ago and has been serving the IT industry with his renowned and awarded training.
Wrote many books, mostly on Network Design, joined many IETF RFCs, gave Public talks at many Forums, and mentored thousands of his students.
Today, with his carefully selected instructors, OrhanErgun.Net is providing IT courses to tens of thousands of IT engineers.